Ma Juhu Bramhajaya (1st Century BC) was the daughter of Lord Brahma, and she was mentioned in the Vedas (10.109). She was a sincere devotee of Lord Shiva, who had observed fasting and performed severe penance on Lord Shiva in the Podhigai Hills. While performing penance, she used to consume only medicinal herbs and water and as a result she has obtained great spiritual powers.
Lord Shiva had gave his darshan along with Ma Parvati in the Rishiba Vahana, and asked her to accept Rishi Agastya as her spiritual Guru. Rishi Agastiya had appeared before her, and taught the essence of Vedas, Shastras and Puranas. The holy mother Ma Juhu had grasped it quickly and received appreciation from her Guru Agastiya. She stayed with Rishi Agastya in his Ashram in the Pothigai hills for a long period of time.
Once she has asked a doubt to Rishi Agastya about the creation of humans in this world, about the difference in nature, caste and creed. Rishi Agastya had clarified her doubts by saying that everything happens as per the will of the god, and even god cannot change the fate laid down by him. Ma Juhu was satisfied with her guru’s words, and tried to invoke the divinity in the minds of the people.
1. Show humanity on all the living beings in the world.
2. Chant the noble names of Lord Shiva and his mantra ”OM NAMAH SHIVAYA”, in order to get great spiritual pleasure.
3. Believe that the entire universe was created by the supreme Lord Shiva, and we are all his divine servants.
4. Don’t forget Lord Shiva even during your sleep.
5. Realise that god dwells in all the souls of the living beings in the universe.
6. There is no beginning or end for Lord Shiva.
7. Shiva Bhakti alone would help us to get Mukti.
8. Remember that worldly pleasures would not last long, whereas spiritual pleasures would last permanently.
9. Lord Shiva is being worshipped by the great sages, saints and even by Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma. His name and fame would never diminish, and he only would relieve our sins and would give salvation for us.