Guru Pushya Yoga or Guru Pushyamrit yoga falls on Guruvar or Thursday which coincides with Pushya or Pushyami Nakshatram in Hindu calendar. In 2011, Guru Pushya Yoga or Gurupushyamrut yoga comes 5 times. Guru Pushya Yoga is an important auspicious muhurat (Shubh muhurat). It is auspicious for house warming ceremonies (Griha Pravesh muhurat), Vidyarambham or Aksharabhyasam (initiation of education to children), and some other auspicious rituals.
Guru Pushyamrit Yoga dates in 2011 are: (As per Indian Standard Time)
- Guru pushya nakshatra time on 20 January 2011 – 07.16 am to 9.19 pm.
- Guru Pushyamrit yog time on 17 February 2011 – from the sunrise 07.08 am to 08.14 am.
- Guru Pushyamrit yoga in September begins on 22 September but marked on 23 September.
- Guru Pushya Yoga in October 2011 is on 20 October.
- Guru Pushya nakshatra yogam on 17 November 2011 – from 06.48 am to 5.24 pm.
Ravi Pushya yog also has similar religious importance as Guru Pushya yog. It falls on Sunday which coincides with Pushya nakshatra.