Godavari Nitya Harathi (Daily Harathi to River Godavari) is a special program taken up by the government of Andhra Pradesh. Godavari Nitya Harathi begins from July 1, 2015.
The government through the Godavari Trust will conduct the program of Nitya Harathi, Godavari Maha Harathi, Godavari Harathi Utsav and Godavari Akhanda Harathi.
The government has decided to perform Godavari Maha Harathi on every Pournami (Full Moon day) and Godavari Harathi Utsav on Karthika Pournami, Full Moon day in Karthika Masam.
On below mentioned, 18 auspicious days Godavari Akhanda Harathi is performed.
1. Sri Krishna Janmashtami in Shravana Masam
2. Deepavali in Ashwayuja Masam
3. Ugadi in Chaitra Masam
4. Vijaya Dashami in Ashwayuja Masam
5. Sri Rama Navami in Chaitra Masam
6. Sankranti (Makara Sankramanam)
7. Durgashtami in Ashwayuja Masam
8. Datta Jayanti in Margashira Masam
9. Shankara Jayanti in Vaishakha Masam
10. Akshaya Tritiya in Vaishakha Masam
11. Tholi Ekadashi in Ashada Masam
12. Rushi Panchami in Bhadrapada Masam
13. Vinayaka Chavithi in Bhadrapada Masam
14. Mahalaya Amavasya in Bhadrapada Masam
15. Ksheerabdi Dwadashi in Karthika Masam
16. Mukkoti Ekadashi in Dhanurmasam
17. Bhishma Ekadashi in Magha Masam
18. Shivaratri in Magha Masam