Dhanvantari is an Ayurvedic god, and worshipped widely all over indiaas a god of medicine. He has emerged from the Ocean with Amirtha (Divine immortal drink of the devas) on his hand.
Lord Dhanvantari’s birthday is celebrated as Dhanteras all over India, especially by north Indians.This festival will be celebrated before Deepavali, and mainly by north Indian jewellery shops,who will celebrate it in a grand manner similar to that of Akshaya Tritiya.
Dhanvantari is a divine god and he is considered as an avatar of Lord Vishnu. He is having four hands. He is believed to be the reliever of various diseases of his devotees. Generally, in temples, Dhanvantari homam will be performed by the devotees for attaining good health for them.
Several thousands of years before, he is said to have incarnated with the same name ‘DHANVANTRI’ and occupied the court of King Vikramadiya as his minister. He is said to have cured various diseases of his sincere devotees. He is very much praised in the field of Ayurvedic.
The following temples are dedicated to Lord Dhanvantri:-
1. Dhanvantri temple at Maharashtra.
2. The Thottuva Dhanvantri temple in Kerala.
3. In Sri Srirangam Temple, there is a separate Dhanvantri shrine.
4. Dhanvantri shrine is found in Varadaraja Perumal Temple, Kanchipuram.
5. Nelluvai Dhanvantri Temple, Kerala
6. Sri Dhanvantri Arogya Peedam, Vellore District, Tamilnadu.
7. Sree Dhanvantri Temple, Kottayam, Kerala.
8. Aanakkal Dhanvantri Temple, Thrissur.
9. Sree Dhanvantri Temple, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
10. Sree Dhanvantri Temple, Maruthorvattom, Cherthala, Kerala.
11. Sree Dhanvantri Temple, Alleppey, Kerala.
12. Sree Dhanvantri Temple, Pathanamthitta, Kerala.
13. Shri Aalkkalmanna Dhanvantri Temple is situated at Malappuram District.
14. Sri Murrari Dhanvantri Moorthi Kshetram temple in Kollam district.
15. Shri Dhanvantri Temple, Kochi, Kerala.
Dhanvantri, being a great god of ayurvedic, is very much attracted by his devotees, towards curing their diseases. His worship is there in India for several thousands of years. For running a proper life, we need a good health, and by worshipping him with pure bhakti, we can get a proper health and can do our duties in a proper manner.
Without a proper health, we can’t survive in our life,and we can’t properly work and earn money anywhere in this world. Hence HEALTH is WEALTH. If we have proper health, we can earn wealth. This can be done by praying sincerely to Lord Dhanvantri.
Let us pray to him with sincere devotion, and chant his name continuously for ever, and be happy with good health and wealth.
“OM SREE DHANVANTRIYE NAMAHA”