Over 62,000 pilgrims from the country and abroad have so far undertaken the Char Dham yatra, which had a low key opening this season due to bad weather.
Speaking to reporters in Dehradun, Uttarakhand Chief Minister’s media in-charge Surendra Kumar said arrangements made by the state government has ensured that the yatra operated smoothly.
“Over 62,000 pilgrims have visited the char dhams so far. The elaborate security and other arrangements have also ensured a number of pilgrims undertaking the yatra to Hemkund Sahib, which opened on Sunday,” he said.
Char dham yatra began on a low key on May 2 with a limited number of devotees visiting the four Himalayan shrines of Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath initially.
It could not pick up and had to be temporarily suspended due to snowfall in the higher reaches of Garhwal Himalayas and rains in the plains. However, there has been a rise in the number of pilgrims lately.
Courtesy – IBN.