Appanacharya was a direct disciple of Guru Raghavendra Swamigal and he was born in Bichali village in the Raichur district of Karnataka. Bichali is situated on the banks of Tungabhadra. Bichali is also known as Bhikshalaya. He studied vedas and other devotional scriptures at his younger age itself, and had got the opportunity of serving the Great Madhwa Saint Sree Raghavendra Swamigal. He also helped his guru towards performing moolarama puja and also helped in other daily related devotional activities. He had written stotras on Raghavendra Swamigal. It is also known as Sri Guru stotra. The Sanskrit verse, comprising 32 slokas, is recited till today by the followers of Raghavendra Swami and by his devotees.
He lived during the period of Sri Raghavendra Swami and served him till his mahasamadhi. He was famous among the madhwas and kannadigas. He took care of his guru and served him properly and meditated him day and night. Through the blessings of his guru, he had got great spiritual powers. It is believed that he had crossed the flooded River Thungabadra easily by reciting the stotra of Raghavendra to have a glimpse of his guru Raghavendra before his maha Samadhi stage.
1. Worship Guru Raghavendra, who is considered as the Holy Divine cow Kamadhenu, and the divine tree Kalpavriksha, with regard to his generosity in fulfilling the wishes of his devotees.
2. Guru Raghavendra is a universal saint, who can be worshipped by anyone and everyone, irrespective of their caste, creed, community and religion.
3. The great Guru would always touches his holy hands on the heads of his devotees as a part of his blessings, and those who believe him and worship him, would never return empty handed.
4. There is no need to get fear of Guru Raghavendra, since he is a gentle, soft and an affectionate Guru, who never curse anyone, but would give immense boons to those who prays him sincerely.
5. Guru Raghavendra is praised as “AKILANDA KOTI BRAHMANDA NAYAKA”, which means he is the master of the entire universe.
6. Guru Raghavendra is having the capability to control even the PanchaBoothas, air, water, fire, earth and sky, through his supreme divine powers.
7. Guru Raghavendra was incarnated as Prahalada in the Krita Yuga, and due to his staunch bhakti on Lord Narasimha, the Lord has granted him the wonderful boon of possessing enormous powers, similar to him.
8. Similar to Lord Rama, who has taken the Ayodhya people along with him to the Vaikunda, Guru Raghavendra also would do like that after the completion of his Avatar.
9. Even the sky and the entire divine worlds might fall and might get submerged in the seas, but the promise given by Guru Raghavendra to his devotees would never fail.
10. In future, lot of Brindavanams would be created for Guru Raghavendra by his devotees, and his name and fame would never diminish in the world, even after his Mahasamadhi.
11. Guru Raghavendra is chanting the Rama Mantra, without wasting even for a single moment, and similar to that, we also must chant his Mantra “OM SRI GURU RAGHAVENDRAYA NAMAHA”, forever in our life.
12. Due to the grace of Lord Vishnu, we have got a wonderful Guru Raghavendra, who is very benevolent towards his devotees.
13. By consuming the holy Mritika (sacred sand) of Mantralayam, even the dreaded diseases of the devotees would be vanished immediately.
14. Guru Raghavendra is surrounded with full of divine gods, goddesses and demi gods, and all of them are showering their entire grace on him, in order to increase his spiritual powers.
15. By reciting the name, RAGHAVENDRA, devotees would feel as if they drink the divine nectar from the heaven.