To clear the extra rush for Adipooram festival at Melmaruvathur, the Southern Railway announced several to and from special trains for Melmaruvathur. Adipooram 2011 date is August 2. Here is the detailed information including time and number of train leaving and arriving at Melmaruvathur. Advance reservation for these special trains has been started already.
Eight trains will stop at Melmaruvathur between July 30 and August 2 to clear rush of pilgrims for Adi Pooram festival in 2011.
As per the Southern Railway press release, the following trains (with departure time in brackets) will halt at Melmaruvathur:
- 16177 Chennai Egmore – Tiruchi/Kumbakonam Rockfort Express (11.58 pm)
- 16178 Kumbakonam/Tiruchi – Chennai Egmore Rockfort Express (3.40 am)
- 12635 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Vaigai Express (2.10 pm)
- 12636 Madurai – Chennai Egmore Vaigai Express (12.40 pm)
- 12661 Chennai Egmore – Shencottah Pothigai Express (9.27 pm)
- 12662 Shencottah – Chennai Egmore Pothigai Express (5.05 am)
- 12637 Chennai Egmore-Madurai Pandyan Express (10.40 pm)
- 12638 Madurai-Chennai Egmore Pandyan Express (4.05 am)