Adhik Vaishak month or Adhik vaisakh maas is an extra month in Hindu Gujarati and Marathi calendars followed in Gujarat and Maharashtra respectively. In 2010, Adhik Vaishakh mahina has begun on April 15 and will end on May 14. The similar dates are followed in Telugu and Kannada calendars. It is to note that North Indian Adhik Vaishak mahina has started on March 31 and will end on April 28.
Hindus avoid auspicious functions and programs in Adhik Vaishak month. It is also known as Mal maas and Purushottam Maas as it dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Lord Krishna. There will be no vrat for women to observe during Adhik maas.
- Adhik Vaishak Shukla Paksh in 2010 begins on April 15 and ends on April 28.
- Adhik Vaishakh Krishna Paksh in 2010 begins on April 29 and ends on May 14.
- Adhik Vaishakh Ekadasi dates – April 24, 2010, and May 8, 2010
- Adhik Vaishak Pradosh dates – April 26, 2010, and May 11, 2010
- Adhik Vaishakh Sankashti Chaturthi date – May 1, 2010
- Adhik Vaishak maas Mas Shivratri – May 12, 2010
- Adhik Vaishakh Amavasya – May 14, 2010