Puri Ratha Yatra, the world famous chariot festival of Puri, will commence on July 13 in 2010. Odisha Tourism Corporation will be organizing several tour packages for pilgrims of Hyderabad and surrounding areas of twin cities. Rath Yatra is held for 8 days and the first 3 days would be crowded with pilgrims who visit Lord Puri Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra.
2 nights and 1 day:
- July 12, 2010 – From Hyderabad to Chambalpur
- July 13, 2010 morning – Chambalpur to Bhubaneswar
- The pilgrims will visit the Puri Rath Yatra from 6 am on rooftop bus. On return, the same route map will be followed.
- Charges – Adults: 3,550/- and for children – 3,150/-
1 Day package:
- From Hyderabad to Bhubaneswar and to Puri. Pilgrims view Puri Rath Yatra from rooftop bus from 6 to 7.30 am on July 13. In the evening, the return journey begins.
- Charges – Adults: 2,700 and for children – 2,300/-
The charges include A/C transport, accommodation, breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner, and special guide facility.
For more details contact personally at Odisha Tourism Corporation, Paryataka Bhavan, Greenlands, Hyderabad. Phone numbers – 040 – 42000717, 800 850 6185, 90005 39490, 90005 39491.