Nabapatrika or Nabopatrika is one of the popular rituals during Durga Pujain Bengal, Orissa, Bangladesh, and Assam. In 2020, Nabapatrika date is 23 October. It is observed on Saptami Durga Puja every year.
Nabapatrika Time in 2020 is till 8.32 AM.
Nabapatrika or nine plants symbolizing the nine Goddesses of Durga Puja are taken to bath in the early hours on Maha Saptami. It is very similar to coronation of a King. Before coronation, the King is bathed with holy water. Literally, Nabapatrika means the nine leaves.
Here is a list of nine plants of Nabapatrika and the names of nine Goddesses that symbolize:
- Banana (Kola Gaachh) – Goddess Brahmani
- Colacassia (Kochu Gaachh) – Goddess Kalika
- Turmeric (Halud Gaachh) – Devi Durga
- Jayanti (Jayanti Gaachh) – Goddess Karthiki
- Wood apple (Bel Ghaachh) – Goddess Shivani
- Pomegranate (Daalim Gaachh) – Goddess Raktadantika
- Ashoka (Ashoka Gaachh) – Goddess Sokrahita
- Rice (Dhaan Gaachh) – Goddess Lakshmi
- Arum (Maankochu Gaachh) – Chamunda