Mangala Gauri Puja procedure, Mangala Gouri Vratha Vidhanam in English is provided here. Mangala Gauri Puja or Mangal Gouri Vratham is the special vratham observed by recently married women for first five year in almost all places of India. Mangala Gauri vrata is performed in Mangalavara or Tuesdays in Shravan month.
The Vratha vidhana krama briefly explains about ‘where to do Mangala gauri vrata’, ‘when to do this vrata’, ‘who has to do this gauri puja’, ‘who is the Goddess of the vratha’, and preparation methods for the puja, Sankalpa of Mangal Gauri puja, and all other Shodashopachar puja steps.
Here are Mangala Gauri Puja 2018 dates.
How to observe Mangala Gauri Vrat – Step by Step guide for Mangala Gauri Puja Procedure
- Take ceremonial bath on the day of Mangala Gowri vrat.
- Take a green or red cloth and spread it at puja place.
- Make Navagrahas using rice and Shodash Goddess using wheat.
- The idol of Lord Ganesha is placed in front of the main puja place where the Goddesses are kept.
- Kalash Sthapana is performed as usual as during other pujas.
- Lamp is lit and offer Haldi, kumkum, and Akshata to the deepa.
- In Mangla Gauri Pujan, water, sandalwood, vermillion, betel nuts, rice flowers, cardamom, bel leaves, fruits, nuts, and alms are offered during Lord Ganesha Puja.
- Some people also worship Kalasha as Lord Ganesha.
- After Ganesh Pujan, Navagraha Pujan and Shodasha Goddesses Puja (puja to 16 Goddesses) is performed.
- Shodashopachar Puja is offered to Goddess Mangala Gauri (16 steps of Puja procedure).
- 16 types of flowers and fruits; mirror, comb, and bangles are offered to the Goddess.
- Mangala Gauri Vrat katha (story of the vrat) is chanted during the end of the vratham.
- At the last vrat (5th year after marriage) i.e. the last Tuesday in Shravan month, the next day, Wednesday, the idol of Mangala Gauri is immersed in pond (Mangala Gauri Visarjan / Udyapana).
- Distribute prasadam, haldi, kumkum (vermillion) to other married women.
In some places like Andhra Pradesh, mother offers the box and the material which will be used for Mangala Gauri vratham to her daughter during the time of marriage.
Mantra to chant during Pratishta of Mangala Gauri idol (Pratima)
Mama Putra Poutra Sowbhagya Vruddhyarthe, Shri Mangala Gauri Preetyartham, Panchavarsha paryantham Mangala Gowri Vrathamaham Karishye
Mangala Gauri Dhyana Mantra
Kumkumagaru lipthangaam Sarvabharana Bhushithaam
Neelakantapriyaam Gaureem Vandeham Mangalaahvaayaam
Vishesha Arghya Mantram
After Kshama Prartana and Namaskaram, Vishesha Arghya is offered to the Goddess. Hold the copper vessel in right side by placing water, Gandham, Akshatra, flowers, dakshina and a coconut in it.. vishesha arghya is given..
Poojaa sampoornathartham thu gandha pushpakshathai saha
Vishesharghyam mayaa datto mama soubhaya hethave
Sri Mangala gauryai namaha
Vayana Daana Mantram
After the puja, place a Laddu, fruit and cloth in a bamboo basket and donate it to a Brahmin. Chant this mantra while offering Vayana to the Brahmin..
Anna Kanchuki Samyuktam Sahasraphala dakshinaam
Vayanam Gauri Vipraya Dadaami preethaye thava
Soubhagyaarogya Kamaanaam sarva sampathsamruddaye
Gauree Gireesha thushtyartham Vayanam thei dadaamyaham
After this, the performer of the vrata takes the blessings of her mother-in-law and offer her Vayana Daana of 16 Laddoos.
After this vayana daana, perform Aarathi to Goddess Gauri and observe vigil (Jagarana). Next day morning, the Prathima (idol) of Gauri Mata is to be immersed in any water stream or a pond.
Detailed Video of Mangala Gauri Puja Procedure with Mantras and explanation on how to perform Mangala Gauri Vratham (Telugu)
Mangala Gauri Ashtottara Shatanamavali (108 Names of Mangala Gauri Mata)