Bhakta Prahlada, was the son of the Demon King Hiranyakashipu. Lord Narasimha killed Hiranyakashipu and made Prahlada as the king of the region. Bhakta Prahlada was an ardent devotee of Lord Hari. He has preached the greatness of Lord Hari along with his fellow students. He has lived a life with much holiness, pure bhakti and showed kindness to his people.
During his regime, he has daily offered Annadanam to more than 1000 people. He is the Avatar of Divine Personality – Sangukarna Devar. Sangukarna Devar was serving Lord Brahma in Satyaloka during Krita Yoga. Once due to a small mistake, he was cursed by Lord Brahma and due to that, he took the avatar as Bhakta Prahlada. His next avatars are Bahlika Raja, Vyasa Raja and Guru Raghavendra Swamy.
It can be seen in Raghavendra Mutts, that the Urchava Vigraham is Prahalada Swamy. Bhakta Prahalada was praised by Divine gods like Indra for the efficient handling of his kingdom.
Bhakta Prahalad is considered as an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu, and he is praised for his great bhakti similar to Narada, Dhuruva and other Bhagavathas. He was born in the Krita Yuga also known as Satya Yuga to the demon king, HiranyaKashipu, and later his father was killed by Lord Narasimha, and he was crowned by Lord Brahma himself and became a king of the entire world.
He ruled his kingdom in a proper manner, and done lot of welfare activities for the people, and provided Lord Vishnu’s holy Prasad to his people on a daily basis, and developed the “VISHNU BHAKTI SPIRIT” among the masses. By reading his history and teachings, would definitely cleanse our minds, and remove our miseries and sorrows in our life. He can be compared as a “GEM” among the devotees of Lord Vishnu.
PRAISE ON BHAKTA PRAHLADA
1. Oh! Bhakta Prahalad. You are the protector of the whole earth. Lord Narasimha has given you all the powers similar to him, hence please protect us from our problems, and help us to move to the path of devotion, similar to you, and give us SALVATION. We are finding it very difficult to live in this Kaliyuga without your help, hence give a seat near to you, and always make us happy, by chanting your name along with Lord Hari’s name.
2. Oh Bhakta Prahalad, you are always singing the glory of god, and you have occupied a permanent place in VAIKUNTA, the divine abode of Lord Narayana.
3. Oh you are acting as a guardian of Vaikunta, along with the two dwarapalakas, Jaya and Vijaya, you are protecting the divine abode of Lord Sriman Narayana. Without your permission, no one can enter into that place.
4. You are only bringing the holy saints to Vaikunta, with the permission of Lord Vishnu, in case of those devotees, who devotes their entire life in chanting Lord Narayana mantra and worships him sincerely.
5. Several Lakhs of years before, in order to safeguard you, Lord Narayana has taken the Narasimha avatar and protected you and all other living beings in the earth and heaven.
6. Your name and fame will never diminish, and it will spread everywhere in this earth and in heaven for ever.
7. You act as an example to others, for showing sincere devotion on god.
Jai JaiJaiPrahaladaMaharaj Jai NamoNamaha
BhaktasironmaniyePrahalada Jai NamoNamaha
NarasimhaBhaktPrahaladMaharaj Jai NamoNamaha
NarayanaAmsaPrahalad Jai NamoNamaha
Om NamoSreePrahaladaya Jai JaiNamoNamaha
Om Sarveswarane Jai JaiNamoNamaha
Om Abathbandavane Jai JaiNamoNamaha
1. Trust in Lord Vishnu, and feel the divine presence of Lord Vishnu in your heart.
2. Sing the glories of Lord Vishnu, and chant his mantras.
3. Lord Vishnu is the universal god, and without his presence, nothing is possible.
4. Lord Vishnu can be worshiped as a child, and we can tell our problems to him like our dearest friend, and can treat him as our own father and mother.
5. Our physical and mental energy is given by the divine god Vishnu. Through his grace only we are able to sustain in this difficult Kali Yuga.
6. Lord Vishnu is dwelling even in a small dust particle.
7. Worship Lord Vishnu and his various avatars.
8. Chant the mantras “OM NAMO NARAYANAYA NAMAHA”, “OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA NAMAHA”, on a daily basis, in order to get the grace of Lord Vishnu.
9. By sincerely worshipping Lord Vishnu, we would get SALVATION after our death.
Let us praise the holy Bhakta Prahlad and be blessed.
“OM NAMO BHAKTA PRAHALADAYA NAMAHA”
“OM NAMO NARAYANAYA NAMAHA”
“OM MATA LAKSHMI DEVIYE NAMAHA”