The text Jnaneshwari is a commentary on the Bhagavad Gita, which was written by Sant Dnyaneshwar during the 13th century AD. Though he lived only for 21 years, but his commentary is considered as a great “SPIRITUAL GIFT” by his devotees and followers. He was the main person in introducing “SRIKRISHNA BHAKTI MOVEMENT” in India. He had shined well in his spiritual career, and similar to the child devotee Prahalada, at his young age itself, he was safeguard several times by Lord Vishnu.
The Dnyaneshwari has been praised for its nice contents, and it was written by Dnyaneswar in an interesting manner.
In this text,he has mentioned the names of the Gods and Goddesses like Shiva, Shakti, Saraswathi, Vishnu and Lakshmi, and also about their significance.
Some of the contents present in the Jnaneswari are as follows:-
1. Concentrate you attention on your work, do your work perfectly, and don’t expect the outcomes from it.
2. Human Life is filled up with full of miseries and sorrows, and hence, you have to work hard to win in your life.
3. Accept whatever is given to you by the god.
4. Desires will be there in our mind and in course of time, it will go from our life, based on our good deeds.
5. If our mind engages with full of thoughts about wealth, then we would have no time to think about spirituality.
6. Whatever has happened in our life, must be considered as for good only, and let us leave everything in the hands of the god.
7. Changes are permanent according to the strictly laid down rules of the god.
8. Fear is the root cause for our failures.
9. During the time of our birth, we didn’t bring anything with us. Likewise, during the time of our death also, we are not going to take anything with us.
10. Try to win the three bad habits, Lust, anger and greed, in order to lead a disciplined life.
11. Develop the belief on god, and worship him sincerely.
12. You are only responsible for your own actions, and hence don’t blame on the god during the times of your difficulties.