Ashwayuja masam in Telugu, Aswiyuj in Marathi, Ashwayuja maas in Kannada, Aaso month in Gujarati, is the seventh month in Hindu calendar followed in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Karnataka. Aso Maas 2010 or Ashwayuja masam 2010 starts on 8th October and ends on 6th November as per the above calendars. Aso Maas is the last or 12th month in Gujarati calendar.
Shukla Paksha (Sud Paksh) in Ashwayuja or Aso maas 2010 starts on 8th October and ends on 22nd October.
Krishna Paksha (Vad Paksh) in Asoj maas 2010 or Ashwin month 2010 starts on 23rd October and ends on November 6th.
In Ashwayuj month, a huge list of important festivals are celebrated. Durga Navratri and Diwali, the most celebrated festivals of Hindus, fall during Ashwayuj month.
Here the list of important festivals dates in Aswayuj maas 2010:
- Tirumala Tirupati Brahmotsavam begins – 8 October 2010
- Durga Navratri pooja begins– 8 October 2010
- Lalitha Panchami– 12 October 2010
- Durgashtami – Saraswati Puja – 15 October 2010
- Maha Navami – Suhasini Pooja – 16 October 2010
- Vijaya Dashami (Dasara) – 17 October 2010
- Kojagar Mahalakshmi Puja– 23 October 2010
- Narak Charturdashi – 4 November 2010
- Diwali – Deepavali – Kedareshwara Vrata – 5 November 2010