Annavaram is one of the most famous Holy Shrines in India and enjoying second place after Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh. The temple is built in the Dravidian style. The glory and richness of Lord Satyadeva was widely described in Revakhanda of Skanda Puranam.
The presiding deity Lord Satyadeva with his consort Sri Anantha Lakshmi on one Side and with Lord Siva on the other side took his abode on Ratnagiri, which is named after Ratnakara, son of Meru the king of holy mountains. Like in all Divyakshetrams as surrounded and followed by holy rivers, Sri Satyanarayana Swamy at Annavaram is also followed by sacred Pampa River touching the feet of the hill.
Lord Satyadeva, the god of truth, is showering his eternal blessings on mankind in his beautiful manifested form of the Divine Trinity namely Hari Hara Hiranya Garbha Thrimurtyatmaka. Hence this is the temple that is attracting the Pilgrims of both Vishanava and Shaiva devotees and thousands of pilgrims from all over India are worshiping Lord Satyadeva every day forgetting all sectional differences.
Enriched by the installation of Srimathripathvibhuti Vykhunta Maha Narayana Yantra, which plays a dominant and important role with the power of attraction of both money and men (Dhana Janakarsha), the Peetham of Swamyvaru is highly adorned with the installation of Panchayatana, befitting the glory and sanctity of the deity. This famous Yantra is a unique one, the like of which does not exist any where else in India.
Important festivals celebrated at the temple..
1. Ugadi — Panchanga sravanam
2. Sri Rama Navami — Sri Sitarama Kalyanotsavams.
3. Chaitra Bahula Shasti to Amavasya –Sri Kanaka Durgamma Vari Jatara Mahotsavams. 4.1st April — Sri Sarawathi Pooja
5. Sri Krishana Jayanti — Utla Sambaram
6. Sri Vinayaka Chavathi — Ganapthi Navaratara Utasavams
7. Sri Devi Navaratrulu — Mahanyasa Abhishakam and Laksha Kumkumarchana are being performed at Yantralayam.
8. Vijaya Desami — Jamii Pooja
9. Diwali (Deepavali) — Deepotasavam
10. Karthika Sudda Dwadasi — Boat Festival at Pampa River
11. Karthika Pournami — Giri Pradakshina Jawala Toranam
12. Kanuma Utsavam — Prabhala Utsavam will be conducted in village
13. Mahasivaratri Mahanyasa Poorvaka Abhishekam Laksha Bilwarchana in the Main Temple