The Ribhu Gita is available in the Siva Rahasya Purana, and it is in the form of conversation made between Sage Ribhu and Sage Nidagha in the Himalayas about the realisation of self and understanding about the supreme god, also known as Brahman. This Gita also tells about the significance of Lord Shiva, the ways of worshipping him, like performing Abhishekham to the holy Shiva Lingam, adorning of fragrant flowers, singing divine songs, chanting the Shiva mantras and his various names etc.
Once sage Nidagha had got doubt about the self-realisation and the ways of attaining salvation. Though he approached lot of saintly people, he was not satisfied with their replies. Finally he met the great Sage Ribhu, and his doubt was clarified by him, and after that, Sage Nidagha had performed severe meditation on Lord Shiva in the holy mountain Himalayas, and he had attained salvation.
The wonderful conversations made between Ribhu and Nidagha are available in the Vedas and also in the Puranas.
The beautiful contents present in the Ribhu Gita are as follows:
1. Knowing about Self.
2. Attaining liberation through meditation on Lord Shiva.
3. Keeping Lord Shiva in our soul.
4. Reaching the stage of Samadhi through Shiva Bhakti.
5. Attaining salvation by sincerely worshipping Lord Shiva, and considering him as the supreme god.
6. Seeing the face of Lord Shiva in all the objects present in the earth.
7. Loving others.
8. Removal of bad habits like lust, greed and anger.
9. Visiting various holy pilgrimage sites of Lord Shiva.
10. Respecting the elders.
11. Providing food to the poor and needy people.
12. Practising of Yoga.
13. Living the life as per the path of Dharma.
14. Gaining good knowledge in Vedas, Shastras and other holy texts of Hinduism.
This popular text, Ribhu Gita is also translated into Tamil and English Languages, and published by Sri Ramanashramam, Thiruvannamalai, which is located at the Girivalam path.
This wonderful text was also recommended by the Divine saints like Ramana Maharshi and Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswati and they have asked the devotees to study this wonderful text, in order to get a correct idea about spiritual enlightenment.