Here is Mangala Gauri Puja procedure or Mangala Gouri Vratha Vidhanam in English. Mangala Gauri Puja or Mangal Gouri Vratham is the special vratham observed by recently married women for first five year in almost all places of India. Mangala Gauri vrata is performed in Mangalavara or Tuesdays in Shravan month.
The Vratha vidhana krama briefly explains about ‘where to do Mangala gauri vrata’, ‘when to do this vrata’, ‘who has to do this gauri puja’, ‘who is the Goddess of the vratha’, and preparation methods for the puja, Sankalpa of Mangal Gauri puja, and all other Shodashopachar puja steps.
Here are Mangala Gauri Puja 2012 dates.
How to observe Mangala Gauri Vrat – Step by Step guide for Mangala Gauri Puja Procedure
- Take ceremonial bath on the day of Mangala Gowri vrat.
- Take a green or red cloth and spread it at puja place.
- Make Navagrahas using rice and Shodash Goddess using wheat.
- The idol of Lord Ganesha is placed in front of the main puja place where the Goddesses are kept.
- Kalash Sthapana is performed as usual as during other pujas.
- Lamp is lit and offer Haldi, kumkum, and Akshata to the deepa.
- In Mangla Gauri Pujan, water, sandalwood, vermillion, betel nuts, rice flowers, cardamom, bel leaves, fruits, nuts, and alms are offered during Lord Ganesha Puja.
- Some people also worship Kalasha as Lord Ganesha.
- After Ganesh Pujan, Navagraha Pujan and Shodasha Goddesses Puja (puja to 16 Goddesses) is performed.
- Shodashopachar Puja is offered to Goddess Mangala Gauri (16 steps of Puja procedure).
- 16 types of flowers and fruits; mirror, comb, and bangles are offered to the Goddess.
- Mangala Gauri Vrat katha (story of the vrat) is chanted during the end of the vratham.
- At the last vrat (5th year after marriage) i.e. the last Tuesday in Shravan month, the next day, Wednesday, the idol of Mangala Gauri is immersed in pond (Mangala Gauri Visarjan / Udyapana).
- Distribute prasadam, haldi, kumkum (vermillion) to other married women.
- In some places like Andhra Pradesh, mother offers the box and the material which will be used for Mangala Gauri vratham to her daughter during the time of marriage.