SV Vedic University branch at Amaravathi, the capital city of Andhra Pradesh.. TTD Trust Board Chairman Dr Ch Krishnamurthy said that soon a branch of Sri Venkateswara Vedic University (SVVU) will come up at the new capital city of Amaravathi.
Addressing media persons at Vedic varsity meeting hall after the 23rd EC meeting on Wednesday, the chairman said, the temple town wakes up daily to the sanskrit Slokas which offers a refreshing feel to denizens. Similarly we want to make our new capital city at Amaravathi to feel the same by opening up a SVVU branch there”, he asserted. Adding further he said, today VEDIC varsity of TTD is considered the best in the entire nation with 350 students in 26 courses belonging to four VEDAS.
“About eight Sanskrit colleges and three VEDIC schools are affiliated to SVVU. Apart from the regular courses, the varsity also operates Vastu, Jyotisha and Ayurveda as evening courses. We have taken some important decisions in EC meeting today”, he added.
Some important decisions:
• MoU with French Institute in Pondicherry to research on Sanskrit works
• Appoint teaching and non-teaching staff for the varsity
• Tie up with Bharata Vani which is a wing of MHRD, GoI
• Varsity to observe Sahasrabdi-the 1000th Birth Anniversary of Saint Ramanujacharya for three days in a big way in April
• Extending certificates to students who are studying in Vivekananda Varsity of RamaKrishna Mission and Art of Living varsities in Banglore.
Vedic University VC Acharya KE Devanadhan, Spl Officer Sri N. Muktheswara Rao, Registrar Sri GSR Krishnamurthy, University PRO Sri Brahmacharyulu and others were present.