Home Forums Hinduism Conversion into Hinduism

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    VV Balakrishnan

Dear Mr.Joseph:

In Hinduism, there is no one to convert you.It is a way of life. It is individualistic. If you want to change your name, you should follow the procedures stipulated by government, as normally done by everyone. Even Joseph can be a Hindu.

A good  attitude to life and constant search for truth  is more important than the labels we crave for. I am just an ordinary mortal, with no erudition or deep knowledge into Hindu philosophy.

But I am fortunate to have born in India to my parents who have inculcated these age old ideas in me. I have come across your note in hindupad.com and spontaneously respond to the same.

Hari Om!

with warm feelings,

Balakrishnan.

In any case, welcome to a faith which has been there since time immemorial. May God bless you.

Balakrishnan.

#111288 Reply
    Surya

Jai Srimannarayana !

Dear Joseph,

Thanks for believing in Hinduism and Sanatana Dharma. I appreciate you on this occasion.

You can meet any Hindu religious trust to convert into Hinduism. You will be given a Hindu name. Or else as Shri Balakrishnan said in earlier reply, that Hindu Dharma is a way of living and not an ‘ISM’..

There is no restriction in Hindu Dharma that do not do this and do not do that.. You can live as you wish. All the best.

!!!! Jai Shrimannayanarana !!!!

#1008887 Reply
    Raj Kumar

@joseph: I really appreciate you. According to the DNA’s of indians we all are by birth hindus..all Indian muslim christian’s are hindus in early 1800. Turkish ruled 1000 years and tried to convert hindus as muslims..In the early 1900’s Britishers converted hindus to christians.

Still the popoulation of Hindus now in India is 80%.

There are no prescribed rules for converting into hinduism…you can directly praise hindu gods and can go to temples. No one will stop u. There are no Restrictions for any one to convert into Hinduism.

Follow Bhagvathgita, Ramayana, Mahabaratha.

#1008913 Reply
    varenya

you can consult hare krishna group (Iskon).
    they have converted many foreigners also into hindus by giving them gotras of lord krishna

#1013616 Reply
    Yerninty Prasad

Understand Hindu Dharma…. article in Telugu about Hindu Dharma

హిందూ ధర్మం అనేది మతమనుకుంటాం. కాని నిజానికది ఓ భారతీయ ధర్మం. భరత ఖండమంతటికీ చెందిన ఓ సైద్ధాంతిక ధర్మం. దీనినే మానవధర్మమనీ అంటాం. ‘ఆత్మవత్సర్వ భూతేషు’ అని చెప్పగలిగే ధర్మం. సనాతనధర్మమే! సాటివారెవ్వరికీ ఏ బాధా – అవరోధమూ కలగకుండా మోక్షాన్ని దర్శింపచేసేది కేవలం హిందూ ధర్మమే. ఏ మతంకూడా ఏ ఇతర ధర్మాన్నీ అవహేళన చేయని, వ్యతిరేకించని ఛెప్పదు.

పరబ్రహ్మకీ, సర్వవ్యాపకతకీ హిందూ ధర్మమే మూలాధారమైనది

మనది పుణ్యభూమి, తపోభూమి, కర్మభూమి. ఇక్కడ పవిత్రనదులు సజీవంగా ప్రవహిస్తున్నాయి. మహోన్నత పర్వతాలున్నాయి. ప్రాచీనమైన సభ్యతా – సంస్కృతులు విరాజిల్లుతున్నాయి. మానవజీవనానికి అనువైన శీతోష్ణ స్థితి వుంది రమణీయ ప్రకృతి శోభిల్లుతూ ఉన్నది. వనరులెనె్నన్నో సమృద్ధిగా ఉన్నాయి. పరోపకారంమిదం శరీరం అన్న ఆర్యోక్తికి అంకితమై అజరామరులైన తపోధనలు, ఋషులు, యోగులు, సిద్ధులు, కవులు, కళాకారుల గురించి మన మెరుగుదుము. ఈ అఖిల జగతిని సుఖంగా, క్షేమంగా వుంచగల శాశ్వత సూత్రాలకు ఆచార సంహితను ‘్ధర్మం’ అని నామకరణం చేశారు. దీనినే మానవధర్మం, సనాతన ధర్మం, హిందూ ధర్మం అన్నారు. హిందూ ధర్మం ఓ ప్రవక్తవల్లనో, ఓ వ్యక్తి తపస్సు వల్లనో ఏర్పడింది కాదు. అనేకవేల సంవత్సరాల సాధనలోంచి, కాలక్రమేణా ఆవిర్భవించిన మహాధర్మమిది. ఎందరో యోగిపుంగవుల, ఋషుల, దార్శనికుల ఆత్మజ్ఞానానికి ప్రతీకలైన వేదాలు ఉపనిషత్తులు పురాణగాధల రూపంలో ఆవిష్కృతమైన జీవన విధానమిది.
    హిందుత్వం నిజానికి జీవితానికి – ప్రకృతికీ సంబంధించిన ఆధ్యాత్మిక మార్గం. మన ఆధ్యాత్మిక సంపదను వేదాంతమన్న పేరూ ఉంది. వేదాంతంలో మోక్షం గురించి, ఆత్మ సాక్షాత్కారం గురించి, పరబ్రహ్మ, సృష్టికర్త, ఆత్మ, ప్రకృతి, కర్మసిద్ధాంతం, పునర్జన్మ బంధనాలు, స్వేచ్ఛ మొదలైన అనేక అంశాలపైన చర్చలుంటాయి. తాత్విక చింతన యోగవిద్య వీటిలో అంతర్లీనమై ఉంటాయి. అసలు వేదాంతమే హిందూ ధర్మసారం. ఇలా రూపుదిద్దుకున్న హిందుత్వం అందించిన జీవన రచనా విధానం వల్లనే హిందూ సమాజం ‘చిరంజీవి’ అయింది.

బాధాతప్తుల బాధను దూరం చేయడమే మానవుడి పరమధర్మమని మనధర్మం చెబుతోంది.మానవజన్మ లభించినందుకు మనం గర్వించాలి. పొంగిపోవాలి. ఏ త్యాగానికైనా సిద్ధపడాలి. మనకర్మలే మన జీవితాన్ని ఆదేశిస్తాయన్న వాస్తవాన్ని కళ్ళకు కట్టినట్టు చూపిస్తోంది హైందవ దృక్పథం. ఇహపరాల సంగతి సరే – నేటి మన రాజకీయ, సామాజిక, ఆర్థిక నైతిక సమస్యలకు పరిష్కారమార్గం చూపగలిగే మహత్తర శక్తి మన హిందూ ధర్మచింతన ప్రసాదిస్తున్నది. ఈ దుర్లభమైన మానవజన్మను సద్వినియోగపరచుకోవాలంటే ఐహిక ప్రలోభాలకు తలొగ్గక, ఆత్మజ్ఞానాన్నీ, ఆత్మతతాత్త్వన్నీ ఆకళింపు చేసుకుని, హైందవ తాతిత్వకతను అవగాహన చేసుకోవాలి. తన జీవితానికి అన్వయిపరచుకోవాలి. తన జీవన కాలంలోని ప్రతి క్షణాన్నీ హైందవ ధర్మాచరణకు అంకితం చేసుకోవాలి.

#48943 Reply
    Joseph

Hello, this is Joseph from Mumbai. I am a Christian and I want to convert into Hinduism as Hindu.  How can I change my religion. At which place I can convert into this dharma. Do I need to pay any money or I have to sign any declaration that I am converting into Hindu religion. Please let me know.

#1036759 Reply
    Shiv Sharma

Hi Joesph,
    Whatever have been said by all above I agree to that , but as far as I am concern and according to the religious books of India that says every one in this world is born as a Sanatan Dharama , that means we all are Sanatanies, so we can say we all are Hindus but people convert themselves to other religious groups. What I believe that that we Hindus do not have any procedure to convert anyone to Hindu, this is my personal feeling, I may be wrong but that is what i know. Hindus do not eat meat, and may other restrictions and that u can find out in Hindus mandirs

Jo Welcome to a Hindu society

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #48949 in Conversion into Hinduism
Your information: