Ashtalakshmi (Astalaxmi) are the eight forms or aspects of Goddess Lakshmi. Ashtalakshmi represent the eight sources of wealth. In some scriptures and stotras, list of Lakshmi aspects is included 12 Lakshmi Goddesses.
Ashtalakshmi Puja or worship of Ashtalakshmi is considered as highly meritorious vratam for Hindu women.
Adi Lakshmi – Adi Lakshmi is the first form of Ashtalakshmi or one of the forms of Goddess Lakshmi. She is the Goddess of eternal wealth, wealth which has no ending and no beginning, meaning it flows continuously.
Dhana Lakshmi – Dhana Lakshmi is one of the forms of Goddess Lakshmi, second Lakshmi in Ashtalakshmi aspects. She is the Goddess of material wealth who gives money, gold and many forms of wealth.
Dhanya Lakshmi – Dhanya Lakshmi is one of the forms of Goddess Lakshmi. She is the Goddess of food and nourishment and feeds the creation.
Gaja Lakshmi – Gajalakshmi (Gaja Laxmi), Lakshmi with elephants, is one of the eight important aspects of Goddess Lakshmi. In Gajaalakshmi aspect, Goddess Laxmi is sits on a lotus. Gaja Laxmi is depicated as two elephants (Gaja) on her both sides pouring water from their trunks.
Santana Lakshmi – Santhana Lakshmi is one of the forms of Ashta Lakshmi. She is the one who bestows offspring. She is often depicted as having six arms. Santhana Lakshmi is the Goddess of fertility. She grants health and intelligence among children and protects the infants from all diseases.
Veera Lakshmi or Dhairya Lakshmi – Veera Lakshmi (Dhairya Lakshmi) is one of the forms of Ashta Lakshmi. She is the Goddess of Courage and strength.She is also known as Dhairya Lakshmi. She is often depicted as having eight arms and is seen wearing a red garment.
Vijaya Lakshmi – Vijaya Lakshmi is one of the forms of Ashta Lakshmi. She is the Goddess of Victory. She is often depicted as having eight arms and seen in a red dress. She holds a shankha , chakra, sword, shield, lotus and pasha in her hands.
Vidya Lakshmi – Vidya Lakshmi is one of the forms of Ashta Lakshmi Goddesses (Eight aspects of Lakshmi Mata). She is the Goddess of Knowledge. She is often depicted as having eight arms. She holds two lotuses in her two hands.
In some scriptures, the list of Lakshmi aspects is also included:
Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped as a collective form of eight goddesses known as Ashtalakshmi. All these eight lakshmis bestows various boons to us and prosper our life. There are various temples dedicated for Ashtalakshmis. By worshipping the eight lakshmis in the Ashtalaskhmi temples, we will get good prospects in our life, our miseries and sorrows will be wiped out, we will get fresh energy and all our mental and physical problems in our life will be permanently removed. It is better to recite the Ashta Lakshmi Stotram in order to please the divine goddess.
DIFFERENT FORMS OF LAKSHMI
1. Adi Lakshmi is worshipped since puranic period. She is an avatar of Lakshmi and the daughter of Sri Bhrigu Maharishi. She contains four hands, carrying lotus flower in two hands,and in another two hands, she blesses us.
2. Dhana Lakshmi is the goddess of wealth. She is worshipped for getting wealth and prosperity in our life. She is the giver of sufficient wealth and also is the protector of our wealth.
3. Dhanya Lakshmi is the giver of agricultural products like rice, sugarcane, wheat and other crops. She helps to gain more production while harvesting the crops, and since she gives food by way of giving agricultural products to us, she also acts as a kind mother for all the living beings in the earth.
4. Gaja Lakshmi helps in growing animal husbandry and gives more prosperity to those who properly takes care of their animals like cows, buffaloes, sheep and elephant.
5. Santana Lakshmi is the giver of children to the childless couple. By worshipping her sincerely, she will shower her grace on those childless couple, and grants the boon of giving noble children to them.
6. Veera Lakshmi is the goddess who gives more courage to the soldiers in the battle field, and helps them to recover faster from their wounds caused in the battle field. She will also give courage, bravery, boldness, enthusiasm, wisdom and knowledge to the devotees.
7. Vijaya Lakshmi gives victory in the battle field, and helps the soldiers to fight with their enemies bravely without losing their interest, and gives more confidence to them towards attaining victory.
8. Vidya Lakshmi is the giver of knowledge and helps the learning capacity of the students and makes them to achieve their career path. By worshipping her, we will get more knowledge in all the fields and able to grasp even the difficult subjects.
1. Ashtalakshmi Temple, Besant Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
2. Ashtalakshmi Temple, Dilsukh Nagar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
3. Ashtalakshmi Temple, Texas, United States.
4. Ashtalakshmi Temple, California, United States.
5. Mahalakshmi Temple, Mumbai.
6. Sri Ashtalakshmi Temple, Kerala.
7. Sri Ashtalakshmi Temple, Karnataka.
8. Sri Mahalakshmi Temple, Karur, Tamilnadu.
Ma Lakshmi is the giver of boons and will satisfy our needs and wishes. By worshipping all the eight forms of lakshmis together, we will get good results in our life and our health and wealth position will improve, and our life will go stronger. Being the affectionate mother and the consort of Sreeman Narayanan, she always takes care of us and blesses us for a sin free, disease free and a happy life.
Let us worship the divine and merciful mother and be blessed.
“OM SREE LAKSHMI DEVIYE NAMAHA”
“OM NAMO NARAYANAYA NAMAHA”