Ugadi Pacchadi is the important recipe made on Ugadi or Telugu and Kannada New Year day in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka people. It is one of the most famous recipes which symbolize the concept of life with the mixture of six flavors (Shadruchulu). Health wise also Ugadhi Pachadi is very helpful in reducing kapha, pittha, and vaatha disorders. In 2012, Ugadhi date is March 23.
Ingredients for Ugadhi Pachchadi:
- Neem flower – 2 tsp
- Crushed jaggery – 4 tsp
- Tamarind made into thick tamarind water (Tamarind 10-20 gm solution)
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped raw mangoes – 1 tbsp
- Water – 100 ml
Preparation of Ugadi Pachadi – How to make Ugadhi Pacchadi:
- First mix tamarind solution and water.
- Add salt and black pepper powder.
- Finely chopped mango pieces are mixed with the above solution.
- Add neem flowers to it and mix well.
Now, you can serve Ugadhi Pacchadi in small quantities as it is considered as Prasadam.