Shravan month 2010 or Sawan mahina in 2010 or Shravana masam or Sravana masa starts in Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, and Telugu calendars on 10 August 2010. Ashada Amavasya ends at 8:37 am on August 10. After then Shravana Shukla (Sud) Padyami or Prathama begins. But officially and religiously Shravana masa begins on August 11. As per the above calendars, Shravan month is dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Sri Krishna, and Goddess Gowri. Mangala Gowri Puja, Varmahalakshmi Vratam (Varalakshmi Puja), Shravana Pournima or Rakshabandhan (Rakhi festival), and Sri Krishna Janmashtami (Gokulashtami) are the major festivals and vrathams in Shravan month. Shravan mahina 2010 ends on September 8.
Shravana Masa Vrata – Each day of Shravan Month dedicated to a God or Goddess:
- Sundays in Shravan month are dedicated to Surya bhagawan and observed as Aditya Poojan.
- Mondays are dedicated to Lord Shiva (Shravan Somvar vrata).
- On Tuesdays ‘Mangala Gowri Puja’ is observed.
- Budh Pujan or Budha graham puja is performed on Wednesdays in Shravan maas.
- Brihaspati puja or Dattatreya pujan is observed on Thursdays in the month.
- Lakshmi puja is the major ritual of Fridays in Shravan month.
- Shani Puja or Ashwattha Maruti Puja (Hanuman Puja) is performed on Saturdays in Shravana Mahina.