Shardiya Navratri at Bhuj Ashapura Mata temple, Mata na Madh, Kutch, Gujarat attracts several lakhs of devotees during nine days festival. Ashapura Mata of Mata na Madh is the deity or Kuldevi of deity of Jadeja community.
In 2016, Navratri begins on October 1 and ends on October 10.
Shardiya Navratri Mahotsav Svant 2072 (2016)
Friday. Date 30 September 2016. Time 9:30 PM
Aaso Sud 1, Saturday. Date 01 October 2016.
Aaso Sud 7,Saturday. Date 08 October 2016. Time 08:00 PM.
Aaso Sud 7,Saturday. Date 08 October 2016. Time 09:35 PM.
Aaso Sud 7,Saturday. Date 08 October 2016. Time 01:15 PM.
Aaso Sud 8 , Sunday. Date 09 October 2016. Time 09:15 PM.
Special arrangements During Navratri :
Special buses has been arranged for Yatris from Bhuj Swamy. Bus Depot to Matanamadh. These buses will take off every 10mins from Bhuj to Matanamadh from platform No. 1 of Bhuj Swamy. Bus Depot and the same service is provided at Matanamadh as well.
A mega camp is organized by the shrine trust just about 1.5 kms away from the Matanamadh temple, which would accommodate approx 2500 padyatris at a time. Here they can relax and freshen up before going to temple for darshan.
Arrangements have been made to keep the footwear of the padyatris in various stalls locks to avoid loss of footwear.
Special bathing and accommodation have been provided at CHACHRA KUND for padyatris, so they can have sacred bath at Kund before going for the darshan.
Darshan timings during Navratris: 05:00am to 01:00am
Regular Arrangements During Navratri :
All other regular facilities during Navratri will be available as always and they include:
- 24 hrs tea and snacks
- Hot water for massaging padyatris’ legs
- Tents for the padyatris and other devotees
- Security guards to avoid crowd traffic and provide help
Arrangement of Swamy. Buses:
- Direct buses from Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Siddhpur, Mahesana and Radhanpur.
- You can avail buses every one hour or so from Bhuj ST bus Depot.
- There are four private bus service providers from Ahmedabad to direct Matanamadh.
- You can also get private buses from Bhuj to direct Matanamadh every hour or so.
- If you are arriving by train, Bhuj railway station is the last station.
- If you are flying to Bhuj by air, Bhuj Airport is the last destination stop.
Please note that cracking of Shrifal (Nariyal) is NOT ALLOWED during Navratri. Only full Shrifal is allowed to serve as Prashad.
For any other enquiry / assistance / help / gift or donation, please contact MATANAMADH JAGIR TRUST OFFICE, which will be OPEN 24 hours during the Navratri. The official website of Matanamadh Ashapura Maa Temple —– Matanamadh.org