Rashi or zodiac sign (Moon sign) of the native is categorized based on the Nakshatram or Janm Nakshatra of the native. Every Nakshatra has 4 padas. Some Nakshatras are partly categorized under two different Rashis.
Some Hindu Astrology concepts calculate a native’s Rashi based on his date of birth whereas other calculate based on the Janm Nakshatra of the native.
Here is a list or table of Nakshatra and Rashi and Nakshatra which belong to its corresponding Rashi:
- Mesha Rashi or Aries Moon sign: Ashwani Nakshatra, Bharani Nakshatram, Krittika Nakshatra 1st pada
- Vrishabha Rashi or Taurus Moon sign: Krittika Nakshatra 2, 3, and 4th padas, Rohini Nakshatram, Mrigasira Nakshatra 1, 2 padas
- Mithuna Rashi or Gemini Moon sign: Mrigasira Nakshatra 3, 4 padas, Arudra Nakshatram, Punarvasu Nakshatra 1, 2, 3 padas
- Karkataka Rashi or Cancer Moon sign: Punarvasu Nakshatra 4th pada, Pushyami Nakshatra, Aslesha Nakshatram 1,2,3,4 Padas
- Simha Rashi or Leo Moon sign: Magha Nakshatra, Pubba Nakshatram or Purva Falguni Nakshatra, Uttara Nakshatra 1st pada
- Kanya Rashi or Virgo Moon sign: Uttara or Uttara Falguni Nakshatra 2, 3, 4 padas, Hastha Nakshatram, Chittha Nakshatra 1, 2 padas
- Tula Rashi or Libra Moon sign: Chittha Nakshatra or Chitra Nakshatra 3, 4 padas, Swathi Nakshatram, Visakha Nakshatra 1, 2, 3 padas
- Vrischika or Scorpio Moon sign: Visakha Nakshatra 4th pada, Anuradha Nakshatra, Jyeshta Nakshatram 1, 2, 3 padas
- Dhanu Rashi or Sagittarius Moon sign: Moola Nakshatra, Purvashada Nakshatram, Uttarashada Nakshatra 1st pada
- Makara Rashi or CapricornMoon sign: Uttarashada Nakshatram 2, 3, 4 padas, Shravana Nakshatra, Dhanishta Nakshatram 1, 2 padas
- Kumbha Rashi or Aquarius Moon sign: Dhanishta Nakshatram 3, 4 padas, Shatabhisha Nakshatra, Purvabhadra Nakshatra 1, 2, 3 Padas
- Meena Rashi or Pisces Moon sign: Purvabhadra Nakshatra 4th pada, Uttarabhadra Nakshatram, Revati Nakshatra