Now, you can book tickets of Vaishno Devi train (Shri Shakti Express) at Railway Reservation Counter in Katra for Udhampur-Katra Train. Udhampur Katra Train (Shri Shakti Express) has been flagged off by Shri Narendra Modi on 4 July 2014.
As a part of its constant endeavour to facilitate the smooth pilgrimage to the Holy Cave, the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board has facilitated the setting up of a computerised Railway Reservation Counter at Katra.
The Shrine Board has provided the required infrastructure to the Railway authorities for housing the Railway Reservation Counter.
The 25-km-long Udhampur-Katra line, which is being commissioned tomorrow after prolonged delays, has been built at an estimated cost of Rs. 1,132.75 crore.
Trains will be able to reach Katra directly as the 53-km Jammu-Udhampur rail line is already operational and now the Udhampur-Katra line, which is a part of the Kashmir rail link project, is being commissioned. This would enable pilgrims headed to the Vaishno Devi shrine to travel directly to the base camp at Katra.
Indian Railways will run six more trains connecting Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra to various destinations in the near future. These trains are:-
· Kalka-Katra Express (bi-weekly) via Morinda
· Bandra (T)-Katra Premium Express
· Howrah-Katra Premium Express
· Yesvantpur-Katra Premium Express
· Ahmedabad-Katra Express (weekly)
· Kamakhya-Katra Express (weekly)
At present, the following trains are running upto Katra :-
· 22461/22462 New Delhi-Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Express.
· 74909/74910 Pathankot-Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra DMU.
· 74905/4906 Jammu Tawi-Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra DMU
· 74907/74908 Jammu Tawi-Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra DMU