Pregnancy during Surya Grahan or Chandra Grahan is one of the most sensitive issues for a woman. We are getting requests from people around the world to post one more elaborated article on pregnant care and tips to be followed during Grahan. Pregnant women are not supposed to expose themselves to bright sunshine or chilled weather.
X – Rays released from Sun or Moon during Solar Eclipse or Lunar Eclipse affect the pregnant women. Even medical science and physicians recommend them to stay at home and to be in outdoor places during the time of Surya Grahan (Solar Eclipse) or Chandra Grahan (Lunar Eclipse).
Hindu rituals are accepted and followed by many communities all over the world. People of some African and European countries are following the same riutals and traditions that are followed in India during the Eclipse.
Some more Tips to be followed by pregnant women during Solar or Lunar Eclipse as per Hindu rituals:
- Avoid cutting clothes and vegetables.
- Avoid sewing any clothes.
- Avoid wearing or tightening of hair pins or saree pins or any other pins.
- Just sit in a chair and dont sleep at the time of Surya Grahan.
- If it is possible, just sit silently. Maunam (silence) during the Grahan is recommended.
- Recite or chant Santana Gopala Mantram or Bala Gopala Stotram.
- On Solar Eclipse day, recite stotras related to Surya Bhagawan. The important Stotra is Aditya Hrudayam.