If you are confused with Navratri vrat fasting or upvass and food items to take during Navratri vrat, this article guides you about certain food items that can help in revitalizing your body during fasting in Navaratras.
It is true that it’s not easy for fasting nine days during the period of Navaratra or Navratri. But intake of healthy dietary pattern can really help you in rejuvenating your body, mind and soul during the fasting days of navaratra. Here are five diet tips to observe Navratri Vrat fasting in easy manner:
- You would be glad to read that food items like fruit and milk not only detoxifies your body system but also energizes you in a great way. Milk is complete food and fruits acts as cleansing agent for your body. These both food items provide you good amount of energy along with essential minerals and vitamins.
- Do you know that curd and bananas are rich in nutrients like calcium, potassium, carbohydrates and magnesium? You can make smoothies, shakes and feed your stomach with these nutritive and healthy food options.
- Say big ‘no’ to fried and heavy food items during fasting periods of navaratras. Instead you should go in for healthy ways of cooking like roasting, boiling, grilling and steaming etc.
- Include lots of liquids in your diet as this will help in cleaning the toxins in your body. Fruit and vegetable Juices, coconut water and vegetable soups are the best options for you!
- To avoid the occurrence of acidity and heartburn, avoid having empty stomach for long hours. Eat small and frequent meals. You would be glad to know that milk and cream are very effective remedies of acidity.
No Purana or Upanishad has said to kill body cells by observing fasting or upvaas but dedication in observance is more important.