Graha Shanti is an important ritual performed during Navratri Durga Puja. As a part of both Chaitra Navratri and Sharad Durga Navratri, Graha shanti puja is observed. Each day of Navratri, puja is offered to Navagraha and on particular day of specific graham is dedicated to that Graha shanti puja.
After performing Kalash Sthapana ritual and Durga Puja, Navagraha shanti is offered. Navagraha yantram is placed on a red cloth and Navagraha beeja mantram and Navagraha shanti puja sankalpam are recited.
Each day dedicated to each Navagraha Shanti puja in Navratri Vrat
- Pratipada or Padyami – Mangal Grah / Kuja grah (Mars)
- Dwitiya or Vidiya – Rahu graha shanti
- Trutiya or Thadiya – Brihaspati or Guru graha shanti (Jupiter)
- Chaturthi or Chavithi – Shani graha shanti puja
- Panchami – Budh (Mercury) shanti
- Sashti – Ketu graha puja
- Saptami – Shukra graha shanti (Venus)
- Ashtami – Surya graha shanti (Sun)
- Navami – Chandra graham shanti (Moon)