Kumbh Mela, the largest religious congregation in the world, takes place when the planet Jupiter or Guru enters into Kumbha Rashi (Aquarius) and the Sun enters into Mesha Rashi (Aries). The first important and auspicious Kumbh Mela snan is performed on Makara Sankranti (January 14, 2010). Mauni Amavasya, Basant Panchami, Magh Purnima, Maha Shivaratri, Somvati Amavasi and Mesha Sankranti are another important snan dates for Kumbh Mela. Here is the list of important Kubh Mela snan dates for 2010:
- Makar Sankranti Snan 2010 – Janaury 14, 2010
- Mauni Amavasya Snan 2010 – January 15, 2010
- Basant Panchami Snan 2010 – January 20, 2010
- Magh Purnima Snan 2010 – January 30, 2010
- Maha Shivaratri Snan 2010 – February 12, 2010
- Somvati Amavasi Snan 2010 – February 15, 2010
- Mesha Sankranti Snan 2010 – April 14, 2010
Kumbh Mela takes place once in 12 years at four holy places in India – Allahabad, Nasik, Ujjain and Haridwar. It is the turn of Haridwar to host the Kumbh Mela in 2010.
Here are the details of Allahabad or Prayag Purna Maha Kumbh Mela 2013, Nasik Ardha Kumbh Mela 2015, and Ujjain Maha Kumbh Mela 2016 dates:
Nasik Ardha Maha Kumbh Mela 2015 dates – August 15th to September 13th, 2015
Ujjan Purna Maha Kumbh Mela 2016 dates – April 22nd to May 21st, 2016.