How to do Ganesh Chaturthi Puja or what is Ganesh Chaturthi Pooja procedure? I am getting these questions very frequently through mails since few days.
For any puja or vrata, the main objectives are neatness and dedication. If you have these two factors, then Vinayakas blessings will be surely with you. Here it is the detail pooja procedure or steps involving in Ganesh puja on Vinayaka Chavithi festival.
Here you can know the Ganesh Chaturthi Ganapati Puja Muhurtam or Shubh Muhurat to perform Ganesha Chaturthi pooja.
- Perform ritual bath in the early morning and wear new or fresh clothes and be ready to do Ganapati puja.
- Prepare Ganesh mandap or pandal with coconut or banana leaves, mango leaves and with flower garlands to install Ganesha idol. It is always recommended to buy or prepare eco-friendly or clay Ganesh idol. Adorn Ganesh idol with flower garlands and chandan (sandalwood) paste.
- A Kalash or the pot filled with sanctified water and rice to be installed before invoking Lord Ganesha idol. The rice or water filled Kalash is also called Purna Kumbha. Kalasha Sthapana is performed before invoking Ganesh.
- After Kalasha Sthapana, Ganesh idol is invoked chanting Avahan mantras or just chanting ‘Om Ganeshaya namaha or other simple Ganesh stotras.
- Chant Ashtottara Shatanamavali or 108 names of Lord Ganesha. Siddhi Vinayaka Vratha katha is recited after chanting several simple Ganesh mantras.
- Light the lamp and offer Aarti to Lord Ganesh reciting Aarti mantras.
- Offer special recipes – modak, undralla payasam, kudumulu and the recipes made of several leaves and fruits. Offer coconut and light diya or deepam and incense sticks (agarbattis).
- Generally during Ganesh puja on Ganesh Chavithi, devotees place books, pens and other education or office material at Ganesh idol or Ganpati pandal and take them after Ganesh idol os moved. Usually, at homes, Ganesh idol is moved on the day after Ganesh Chaturthi.
- The above puja procedure is followed for several days till Ganesh nimajjan. But some people perform simple Ganesh puja on the rest of the days during Ganesh Navaratri celebrations.
- Some devoted families or orthodox houses perform Ekavimsathi Patra Puja or Ganesh Puja with 21 types of leaves is performed during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. This Patra Puja signifies the eco-friendly nature in celebrating Hindu festivals especially Ganesh Chaturthi festival.