Guru Purnima is one of the most celebrated festivals at Sai Baba Temple, Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad. Guru Purnima 2016 date is July 19. Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Sansthan Trust of Dilsukhnagar celebrates the festival for 3 days.
Guru Purnima utsavalu will begin on July 18 (Ashada Shudda Chaturdashi) and end on July 20 (Ashada Bahula Padyami).
Special pujas and various rituals are performed during the festival. Thousands of devotees participate in Guru Pournami celebrations in Dislsukhnagar Sai Baba Temple.
Schedule or timetable of Guru Purnima Utsav 2016 in Dilsukhnagar Sai Baba Temple:
- 6 am – Sri Sai Baba Abhishekam or holy bath to Sai with the holy water of Krishna, Tungabhadra, Ganga, Godavari, and Cauvery rivers.
- 7.30 am – Kalasha puja and Dhuni Puja
- 8 am – Panchamritha Abhishekam to Sai Baba by devotees
- 8 am to 8 pm – Shri Guru Charitra Akhanda Parayanam (Dhyana Mandiram)
- 8.30 am to 16th July 2011 8.30 am – Om Sai Sri Sai Jaya Jaya Sai Akhanda Sai Nama Ekaham
- 8 am – Sri Sai Laksha namarchana with various types of flowers by devotees (In first floor of Sansthan)
- Afternoon 1’0 clock – Sri Sai Prasadam (Annadanam)
- 8 pm – ‘Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Mahatmyam’ Telugu feature film video show.
Shri Shirdi Sai Sansthan Trust temple in Dilsukhnar will be opened the whole night on Guru Purnima.
In Hyderabad Punjagutta Sai Baba Temple and Chaderghat Sai Baba Temple are other famous Sai Baba temples. Here is the information about Guru Purnima in Shirdi Sai Baba Temple.