Home Forums Marriages Types of Marriages in Hinduism

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  K.vijay kumar 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Naveen Sanagala
    Keymaster

How many types of marriages are there in Hinduism? Hindu Scriptures mentioned many types of marriages… Let us discuss on it..

#1022944 Reply

Lal Krishna Sharma

Manusmriti mentions 8 types of marriages. All other Hindu scriptures mention the same.

• Brahmana Vivaha
    • Daiva Vivaha
    • Arsha Vivaha
    • Asura Vivaha
    • Gandharva Vivaha
    • Prajapati Vivaha
    • Rakshasa Vivaha
    • Pisaka vivaha
    #1023138 Reply

narsaiah

Daiva vivaha is the marriage of one’s daughter, full of ornaments to a priest who duly officiates at a religious ceremony, during the course of its performance.

#1023140 Reply

sravya

There are eight Types of marriages in Hinduism. They are Brahma, Daiva, Arsha, Prajapatya, Gandharva, Asura, Rakshasa, Paishacha.

The first four were considered proper. Rakshasa and Gandharva marriage was regarded acceptable to Kshatriyas as was Asura marriage for Vaishyas and Shudras.

#1023153 Reply

Ranjith

There are 8 forms of marriages in Hinduism.

As they are already stated above, i am just giving the basic idea about each marriage

Brahmana Vivaham – The father of bride will search for a boy who learn vedas and gives his daughter to marriage along with gold and dowry.

Daiva Vivaham – Here the bride will be given to a Preist or king for marriage.

Arsha/Rishi Vivaham – Here the father of bride will give his daughter to a rishi by taking a Cow.

Prajapata Vivaham – where the father gives away his daugher after blessing the couple with the text “May god bless you with Childrens and Prosperities”.

Asura Vivaham

Gandharva Vivaham – The voluntary union of a maiden and her lover, which arises from desire and sexual intercourse for its purpose.

Rakshasa Vivaham – forceable Marriage is also called as Rakshasa Vivaham.

Pisaka Vivaham – A man who marriages a girl who is handicapped or Mentally retarded.

#1023154 Reply

Rishika

Thanks Ranjith for ur info…can any one please tell what is Asura Vivaha??

As @ranjith clearly gave all the details except Asura Vivaha some one can please tell me what is Asura Vivaha??

#1023312 Reply

Doosri Radha

JAYA JAYA SHRI KRUSHNA!
    I used to write comments on Hindupad for the benifit of spiritualism. Recently it came to notice that Naveen is adopting ghost-writing. I can not approve this practice. Hence no more comments. HARI BOL!

#1023348 Reply

Naveen Sanagala
    Keymaster

Om Doosri Radhaji,

There are number of contributors for Hindupad.com… Every post written by the contributor is published under the contributor’s name. Atleast I give credit to him.. There is no issue of ghost writing as anybody can contribute for Hindupad..

Thanks a lot for comment. I expect more seva from you for Hindu Dharma.

#1133983 Reply

cheap kicks

What we see is 260 millimeters, is part of an international code, for the length of the shoe. Generally we are using 26cm, ie Japanese code, the code is actually a Japanese shoe length (cm / cm), in centimeters, so 260 is 26 cm, while the Japanese and Chinese code conversion code is: Japanese yards × 2-10 = Chinese code that we used to say in the 42 yards, so we can know how much the shoes 260 yards. So with US shoe size standard to represent, shoe size is the number of code does the United States 260 yards for US size 8 and Chinese men’s shoe size conversion is:?! US code × 2 + 26 = Chinese yards, so the result is eight yards.

#1136830 Reply

Minions Couples Polluver Hoodies

In the grand pattern of things you’ll get an A+ just for effort and hard work. Where exactly you lost everybody was on the specifics. You know, they say, details make or break the argument.. And it couldn’t be much more true here. Having said that, permit me inform you just what did give good results. Your text is quite powerful and that is most likely the reason why I am taking an effort in order to comment. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Next, despite the fact that I can see the jumps in logic you make, I am not sure of just how you appear to unite the ideas which make the actual conclusion. For right now I shall yield to your point but trust in the near future you actually connect your facts much better.

#1138626 Reply

K.vijay kumar

Asura vivaham means a bridegroom purchases a bribe to marry her.

#1138627 Reply

K.vijay kumar

Ausura vivaham means a bridegroom purchases a bride to marry her.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Types of Marriages in Hinduism
Your information: