Here you can Diwali Laxmi Puja Procedure or details of steps in Diwali Lakshmi Puja. Laxmi Pooja is the main ritual during the festive days of Diwali or Deepavali. Diwali 2012 Laxmi Pooja date is November 13.
The day of Lakshmi puja is devoted to the propitiation of Goddess Sri Mahalaxmi, the Goddess of wealth and prosperity. Along with the puja of Goddess Mahalakshmi, on this day Lord Ganesha, Lord Kuber and Goddess Saraswati are also worshipped.
Step- wise Diwali Laxmi Puja procedure – How To observe or perform Simple Lakshmi Puja?
- Take a new cloth (sanctified cloth) and spread on a plain platform.
- Place some rice or other grains in the centre and on this place a bronze or other metallic pot (Kalash). The Kalash should be filled till its neck with water. Keep a betel nut, flowers, coins, and some grains in it.
- Place five types of leaves or mango leaves in the pot or Kalash.
- Keep a small plate on the Kalash and fill it with rice and draw a lotus or Swastik with turmeric powder (haridrika choornam or haldi) over the rice grains along with coins the idol of Goddess Laxmi is installed.
- Just near Kalash, on the right (South-West direction), install the idol of Lord Ganesha. Make sure to place pens and books and the other stuff related to your business or profession on the base.
- Light a diya (deepak / deepam / lamp) and incense sticks and begin the puja by offering haldi, kumkum and flowers and consecrated rice (Akshita) to the base on which the pot or Kalash is installed.
- Sprinkle water on all Puja Dravyas (utensils and puja items) that are in Kalash in order to sanctify them. Prepare Panchamrit with five basic ingredients – milk, ghee, curd, sugar and honey.
- Begin the puja procedure with Ganesha puja. Perfrom Ganesh puja to remove obstacles. Recite Ganesh mantras and Ganesh Aarti.
- Then invoke Goddess Lakshmi by chanting the Laxmi Stotras. Offer flowers and consecrated rice to the Goddess.
- Offer ‘Abhisheka (bath) to the idol with water and panchamrit and after that repeat the Abhishek with water containing gold ornament or a pearl.
- Then offer sandal paste, haldi and kumkum to the Goddess. Offer Naivedya (food offerings) to the Goddess such as cocnut, banana, other fruits and sweets.
- As a final step, perform the Aarti to Goddess Lakshmi
- Take theerth and prasad and distribute them to all the devotees, family members, friends and relatives. Light the diyas / deepaks / lamps / candles all over the house. Dont leave a single corner in darkness.